Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Jerny forward never ends

Well, to avoid legal wrangling, I deleted two and a half years of writing off of this blog.  I didn't save any of it.  Not one word.  There was a lot of pain, and growth, and love in those blogs.  I always tried to write with a spirit of helpfulness and perspective. It is my hope that at least one person out there read something that they needed, at the moment they needed it most.  It is why I write.  I know I am not unique, and I know that what I have experienced in my life is nothing compared to what some others have had to endure. There is nothing really special about me, other than that...  I am me.  It took me a long time to like her and accept her, but now I look forward to spending the rest of my life growing with her, instead of in spite of her.  Maybe I can help someone else do the same.

I do not regret deleting all my posts.  I think the past is better left in the past. Although there was some really terrific writing in there, I also know that my mind never stops working and I never stop growing.  So with that, I open up the laptop and let my fingers begin anew.  Sharing my experience is not intended to attack anyone, it is intended to make peace with people and situations...to move forward and evolve.  In the past, I was trying to make sense of what happened to me.  Now, I am just trying to find purpose.  To make sense of what is next.

I am opening a  new chapter in the process of growing toward God.  Each day presents fresh opportunity and fresh perspective.  I am grateful for another day, and I am embracing the challenge of fresh blogging.  I I am grateful for the gift of words; grateful for an opportunity to share.  As an external thinker, who's brain never stops running, blogging is an outlet.  An opportunity to give life to thoughts and ideas, and a way to share hope, faithfulness, and a little humor.

Whether anyone reads this is immaterial.  The Lord knows what is in my heart.  This is an expression of who I am and who He created.  This is my legacy I will leave behind.  My children will have the opportunity to read, and learn, and share with their children.  It is all I really have to offer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment